Re: [Roadsters] Brake pedal soft

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Brake pedal soft
From: "Joe Russo" <jrusso07@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 08:25:15 -0400
I 2nd others on the list that have encourage cleaning up the adjustor. It's
really quite simple to remove the brake adjuster - two 7/16" nuts on the
later
models.  It's so much easier to work on the thing on the bench.  I have
cleaned
these up on all my cars and some were stuck hard. It took PB blaster and heat
free. I would never be able to move the adjustor in the manner it was
intended
while on the car. The adjustor pistons were stuck in the body and leverage
just
doesn't do it.  Had to run them on wire wheel to clean 'em up - but they will
be
good as new when you are finished.

Joe

Or use a hex socket and ratchet...after the PB Blaster of course, let's not
break anything.

Mike