Re: [Roadsters] Smoking/failing starter or something else?

To: "E Scanlon" <escanlon@wa-net.com>, "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Smoking/failing starter or something else?
From: "Richard Brown" <reblues@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 22:46:28 -0400
Because the ignition is stuck in the start position.  The motor is still
spinning.  I don't think it was designed to run for long times.  I have had
two ignition switches do that to me.  The first time it happened it took me
a few minutes to figure out what the sound was.  It didn't happen every
time, but when it did I could move the key and the sound would go away.  I
never had one run long enough to burn up the starter.

Richard