Re: [Roadsters] U10 motor sucks, I want my U20 back.

To: <nmleeds@mindspring.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] U10 motor sucks, I want my U20 back.
From: "Graeme" <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 10:56:51 +0930
Hi there and commiserations,
If you suspect a carb, try pulling the spark plug leads for cyl #1 & 2 then
#3 & 4.
If a carb is not functioning then one pair of cylinders will allow the car
to 1/2 run, the other pair will kill it completely.

"But before I started any serious wrenching I thought I'd check with the
group wisdom on how to trouble shout this. I have SU's, Electronic Dizzy.
My thought was that one of the SU's must have jammed or gotten stuck. Also,
my SU's run a little rich, so I'm not ruling out a fowling."