Re: [Roadsters] towing

To: "'datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net'"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] towing
From: "robert k. smith" <rksmith46@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 10:00:12 -0400
hi all, ill have to say, in all the years and thousands of miles ive towed

my roadster, i havent had a problem with the brackets welded to the

body. i tried to be gentle when towing the datsun. i accelerated and

braked gently, and always looked and planned far ahead when driving

and towing. i guess if you feel safer, you can make a towbar to bolt

thru the frame.   bob smith> From: graemes@internode.on.net> To:
datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net> Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 21:24:27 +0930>
Subject: [Roadsters] towing> > "I've got a tow-bar like that, and haven't had
a problem flat towing a> roadster. Just make sure you have long bolts with
nuts going through the> frame and tow-bar brackets, just in case the welds on
the frame break. Don't> just rely on bolting to the metal that's welded to the
frame (that the> bumper brackets use)."> > I saved these pics. years ago from
someone who built this caboose.> I have never built it or used it, just
providing the info.> http://tinyurl.com/6ljwl5> Pics. 60-64.> > No virus found
in this outgoing message.> Checked by AVG. > Version: 7.5.524 / Virus
Database: 269.23.20/1452 - Release Date: 17/05/2008> 6:26 PM