Re: [Roadsters] primer

To: "Bob Ballinger, Muncie,Indiana" <12061997@comcast.net>, "datsun list
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] primer
From: "E Scanlon" <escanlon@wa-net.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 12:39:03 -0700
What about an etching primer FIRST, then follow it up with this product?
Evercoat is good, but unless this product has etching properties such as
Epoxy Primer, then you may not have the adhesion you need.

Also since you won't be working with it for months down the road, I'd top
coat it with something.  Primer IS porous, that's one of it's properties to
allow paint to adhere properly.  Primer's main job is to adhere to metal,
and in this case to also provide filler for sanding.  By top coating you
seal out any moisture from creeping into the primer and possibly causing
surface rust.

FWIW