Re: [Roadsters] Torque for Valve Cover...

To: "David R. Conrad" <konadave1@hawaii.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Torque for Valve Cover...
From: Patti Dwinell <fairlady1964spl310@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 06:55:53 -0700 (PDT)
Yeah, don't do it!  Nice and snug by hand. You'll know if it's not quite tight
enough. because it will leak.  I torqued to specs and cracked my cover.
Finding a replacement (that's in good shape, for a reasonable price) is not
that easy.
Patti

"David R. Conrad" <konadave1@hawaii.rr.com> wrote: Anyone know of a good 'ball
park' value of correct torque for the two
11/16ths nuts for the valve cover of an SPL 311, R-16?  (new gasket,
carefully cut from 1/8th" thick NAPA rubberized cork, leaks with 5
ft-lbs, but I don't want to crack cover!)

Thanks,
Dave
'68 1600
Kailua-Kona