Re: [Roadsters] behind grille color

To: JohnnyRoadster@comcast.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] behind grille color
From: jrdmf@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 19:27:41 -0400
I?prefer not to see?any color through the grill either so?I like the?way you
have done it but If you are?trying to make it look factory then here's?the
scoop.? I have two original "never painted" cars and both of them have the face
of the area directly behind the grill painted black. (But the top of the front
rail is?still the same color as the car.)?The two bars that are removeable are
also painted black but eveything else under the hood and behind the grill is
the same color as the car. (Including the the area where the horns mount etc.)
It actually looks like someone painted the blacked out?sections with a brush
and I have heard others with original paint jobs say theirs looks like that too?

Just make it easy on yourself and paint the whole car black? :-)

Hope this helps?

Jon Frampton
Huntington Beach Ca