Re: [Roadsters] What tires do people like?

To: <nmleeds@mindspring.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] What tires do people like?
From: "dave" <daveandlindab@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 22:01:32 -0400
I used the Falken ze-512 185/60-14'not the super high performance model. I
think they are discontinued, but still around. They ride nicer than the 70
series I took off.   The performance is fine on a sunny day, I don't thrash
the car or autocross.  What sold me on them was the drive home from Watkins
Glen, absolute downpour, couple inches of water on the road, the traction
was great.  Some, not all, of the super high performance tires can be scary
in heavy rain.  If you livein SoCal or don't drive in the rain, get any type
you like, rain isn't really an issue.  I used 185's because my wheel offset
is a bit far out.  Many people fit 195's.

On sale here, $38.00 ea
http://www.2dayparts.com/items/item.aspx?itemid=1549657

I'm sure there are "better" tires for other people's driving style, these
work for me.

Dave Brisco
ECR