[Roadsters] 240Z rear brake drums fit? (was "Re: A few questions")

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] 240Z rear brake drums fit? (was "Re: A few questions")
From: ppeters914@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 20:03:00 +0000
I did a quick Search in the 311s.org forums on "240Z drum*". Found 11 matches,
but this should answer your basic question:

"The Z drums will bolt right up with out any modifications using an adapter
plate which contains the correct boss and counterbore on the backside. I'm
going to get the pair of adapters machined on the lathe in the new year."

Here's a link to a drawing of the adapter:

<http://www.311s.org/pmwiki-311/pmwiki.php?n=TechSection.240zModDrawing>

Early roadsters had steel drums. To use the 240Z drums, you need to modify or
replace the backing plates.

Pete "no running roadster, but quick with Search!"
[snip[