Re: [Roadsters] Is there anybody out there?

To: "'datsun-roadsters'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Is there anybody out there?
From: "Joe Russo" <jrusso07@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 17:30:59 -0500
Hello Andy and the rest of the listers

Christmas was busy, cooking, eating, drinking but today I had a day off from
work and decided to relax in the garage with my 70 SRL311 project.  Thanks
to Mark, Sid and Dave for finding this car while we were at Watkins Glen.
It's coming along nicely.

I am just finishing up some front end work.  New lower ball joints, new
polyurethane boots on all rod links and ball joints, new brake hoses and
caliper rubber seals. I have new wheel bearings ready to install but I am
waiting (still) on the oil seals.  I bought them twice so far, both from
chain stores on-line - both time they came in wrong.  Finally placed an
order with Nissan directly...they shipped today.

She has all new steel fuel lines from the tank forward and the rubber hoses
from the fuel pump to the carbs along with new radiator hoses and heater
hoses and other rubber stuff under the hood.

After the front end, it's on to preparing the body for paint.  It is
currently repainted some funky yellow color (looks like a Chevy yellow) but
I am taking it back to the original color - Grey Poly (code 666).  Nice, eh?

Rear brakes are new, engine runs strong, good compression, nice running SU
carbs. After the paint and a little interior work...I am thinking of giving
this car to my girl for her b-day...gasp!

Mark, Sid, Dave...tell me there's a better way...

Happy New Year to all!

Joe
70 SPL311 (U20)
70 SRL311