[Roadsters] Happy Holidays

To: "datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Happy Holidays
From: "John Klingman" <jklingman@stny.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 14:11:21 -0500
  To all on the list we send holiday greetings and wish all a Happy New Year.
Thank you for all the information and threads shared, and the stories and
pictures, and humor. It is great to have so much knowledge and wisdom to tap
into. We have corrected mistakes and avoided others with what you have shared.
  Roadster update: Spike is in the garage for the winter and so are we, all
the bondo ( not much) and weak metal is gone and replaced with lead or sheet
metal, dents are out and car is primed and just about ready to paint. The
cracked trunk floor area is replaced and the gas tank has a cradle. #1 job was
the emergency releases for the hood and trunk, thank you Dana S. and Charlie
B. for that advice at the Glen. ''New" hood, thank you Craig, is ready to
install. A friend is fabricating a new roll bar and checking for weak spots on
the interior. Mirrors are off the doors and will go on the fenders about 10"
from the windshield, thank you Mark for that advice. We had not realized the
door metal around the mirror mounts was stressed until it was pointed out to
us. The stock seats are out and being refurbished. Now we just have to put the
car back together.
   Merry Christmas All,
   Gloria and John Klingman
    Sidney, NY '68 2000 aka Spike