Re: [Roadsters] Was cleaning carbs / Now pre-ISO threads

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>, <hallosb@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Was cleaning carbs / Now pre-ISO threads
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@jorsm.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 23:03:24 -0600
Folks,

Remember that Hitachi copied SU carbs (under license, I presume). They
probably used Whitworth Standard (British) threads.  Has anyone ever tried
to use genuine SU dome screws from Moss Motors or the like?  Somewhere in
the back of my aging mind I seem to recall being told that they're a 27
pitch thread, as opposed to 28 pitch, which would be SAE.  Close, but no
cigar.  My guess is theBritish parts will work, but I really don't know.

Gary Ault