[Roadsters] X-country Miata Seats

To: datsun <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] X-country Miata Seats
From: peter harrison <granvillecomputing@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 22:33:17 -0800
The seats in my 70 roadster were rebuilt, with extra padding for the bum and
essentially sufficient unto the purpose for the driver(!) but the poor
passenger was still sliding around. Hence the Miata conversion.  The original
seats on the roadster were fine, and probably better than contemporary, but
remember that a driver's perspective is a whole lot different than a
passengers. They have NOTHING to hold on to, apart from the trust factor that
the driver actually knows what he is doing and the roadster seats really dont
give 'slidey' support.
And I like to occassionally 'nap' - especially on a long run - and napping is
not easy in the roadster seats.

In summation, the roadsters were a great deal for the money, and in fairness
they were not meant to be subjected to 8500+ miles - was any car?? - my
comment was merely meant to say that a trip such that I undertook would have
been harder if i had had the roadster seats as opposed to the miata
conversion

Viva La Roadster