[Roadsters] 5-spd Transmission question...

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] 5-spd Transmission question...
From: The Ken Pearce <ken__pearce@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 13:07:37 -0800
I'm in the process of fixing my '68-2000 "5th gear neutral" problem and have
the tranny torn down.  I need a little translation from the original factory
manual.  The manual states:

  "Stretch the lock plate"

I believe when referring to a lock nut on the main shaft.  I've tried breaking
the nut loose but so far no luck.  Does "stretch" translate to "heat with a
torch"???  Or am I missing something.

The further I get into this project, the more I realize that I probably don't
have the necessary tools (hydraulic press etc etc...) to complete the rebuild
in a timely manner.  Anyone know of a good transmission shop in the Seattle /
Vancouver BC area that is familiar with the Datsun 5-spd.  I'm interested in a
name or contact info.

Thanks,

Ken Pearce
Bellingham, WA