[Roadsters] FW: boostin now

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] FW: boostin now
From: "Andy Cost" <andycost@embarqmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 20:41:28 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: andy and christina cost [mailto:abcdcost@embarqmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 7:19 PM
To: Roadster List
Subject: boostin now

I was digging under teh car trying to get the water/methanol nozzle
installed.  I noticed that the recirculating diaphram was hooked up to both
the push and pull side.  Stupid me, I hooked it up wrong.  No wonder it was
only getting 5 psi boost after the rebuild.  I was starting to get nervous
because the car was running at 13 psi before the new headgasket.  Anyway, it
was still getting 5 psi with the recirculating valve open.  Not bad
considering that it would do smoky sideways burnouts in any gear with 15"
wide slicks.  I can't imagine what it will be like with 13 psi.  It boosts
nicely to 10 psi in the garage not under load.  I put a nitromethane label
on the  reservoir to psych out the competition.  It really has windshield
washer fluid which is 50/50 water/methanol.  I had to put a purge button on
the system because it tends to get air in the hose and the first few seconds
don't get any spray.  I'll label the button NOS.

Andy