Re: [Roadsters] Windscreen, now acrylic cutting tools/blades

To: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Windscreen, now acrylic cutting tools/blades
From: Pat Horne <roadsters@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 13:55:25 -0500
I learned that one in the early 70's, in the machine shop in the
department where I worked. They also would use it for cutting really
thin metal, such as resizing heat exchanger cores (looked like radiator
cores, but higher pressure and cols as lot more). You could run the core
through the bandsaw and not tear the heck out of the fins.

I've also put the bland on my circular saw backwards when cutting
roofing metal or fiberglass patio covers. Makes a nice smooth cut.

Oh, wear hearing protection, cutting in this manner is LOUD!

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake O'Farrell, Fergus:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001