Re: [Roadsters] Little Screws

To: "'Gary and Cindy Ault'" <aultgc@jorsm.com>, "'peter harrison'"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Little Screws
From: "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 09:02:15 -0400
Hi Gary and Peter,
Too true! Always check carefully before putting in new bolts/screws. I've
boogered a few. Before writing the info below though, I did pull a screw out
of Loreli's dash and test it against my size/pitch gauge. I also threaded on
a known 10x32 nut onto the screw. I have seen in several places on 311s.org
and in Scott Sheeler's "The Datsun Roadster Book(s)", that the late cars
used both metric and SAE parts. Makes it twice as fun to pick the right
socket, I tell ya!
The "small" is, of course, relative. At first, I read "small" to mean the
little set screws used on knobs. Then I looked at my dash and realized that
there were 3 screws holding the plate on.

Peter,
Try a 10x32. Finger tighten first just to make sure. Oh, it's also the same
size screw as the one that holds the radio console to the trans tunnel as I
recall.