Re: [Roadsters] X-country trip

To: "peter harrison" <granvillecomputing@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] X-country trip
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 19:14:30 -0800
Everybody's been listing parts to take (all good advice), but let me add a
different tip.

I've found that a plastic lunchbox makes an excellent tool box. You know,
one of those grey ones like construction guys carry. You can roll up a towel
and a tube of hand cleaner and stuff it in where the thermos would go. A
roll of duct tape will fit in the end of that space. You can fit a ton of
wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, hose clamps, wirestrippers, box cutter,
mini flashlight, tube of gasket sealer, etc. in there with some shop rags on
top to keep them from bouncing around too much.. About all you can't fit in
is a torque wrench.

But the coolest thing about it is that it will jam down in the back corner
of the trunk right behind the taillights and take up practically no useable
trunk space. Fill a gallon antifreeze jug with water/antifreeze and it will
drop down right ahead of it. You can probably fit a bottle of brake fluid in
there too.

BTW, Gerardo, do you think packing a spare starter would be a good idea?
;-)

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA
www.gordon-glasgow.org