[Roadsters] Muffler heat etc.

To: <DATSUN-ROADSTERS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET>
Subject: [Roadsters] Muffler heat etc.
From: "Gregory S. Morrison" <gsm@gregorysmorrison.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 17:29:15 -0700
Whenever I drove my Roadster for any length of time I noticed the tranny
tunnel would start to get pretty hot. (You will notice how much heat blows
through that tunnel if you've ever gone without your shift boot.)

When I redid a 1600 a few years ago, I replaced the carpet including the
carpet on the transmission tunnel. Before I installed that carpet I glued
down some thin foil-type insulating material on the tranny tunnel. It worked
great. It didn't eliminate the heat all together, but it did a much better
job than just the carpet alone. I recommend it - IF you are going to be
taking out your console anyway. I don't think I would tear it down JUST to
do that though.

Greg
SRL31100494
"Roadstering since '75"