On the fence KA/SR swap

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.ne roadster list"
Subject: On the fence KA/SR swap
From: Tom PRATHER <tomet9@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 14:01:49 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

      I'm on the fence about a swap between a KA and SR. I wanted your inputs,
to those purists please look the other way. A hypothetical question--- If both
swaps cost exactly the SAME for a NA engine which would you go for? I know the
KA has good low to mid range torque but does not rev quite as hi. SR silky
smooth all the way with a flat torque curve. Both have about the same HP. SR
I've heard as more fun to drive, KA fun factor lacking cause it peters out on
top end. Plus to KA i can get a bolt on Turbo kit later and run with very
little boost. Conversion of SR to turbo later would be tougher, better getting
a DET in the first place or am I wrong on this. Bolt on go stuff for KA to
achieve 170 -200 NA. Not so much stuff for SR to go more than 150 plus. I know
I know here we go again with the KA vs SR debate. I've read many posts and
still can't make up my mind. I am looking for about 170 -200 hp.  Thanks guys