RE: U20 Valve seal replacement tool

To: "Tom PRATHER" <tomet9@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: RE: U20 Valve seal replacement tool
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 20:37:22 -0800
Well, it's not totally easy, but it is way easier than pulling the head. I
haven't seen one that was an impact tool.

Nissan used to sell a tool that would hook under the camshaft and allow you
to compress the valve springs by pressing down on the retainers so the valve
collets could be removed. I usually use a magnetic tool to fish the collets
out while the spring is compressed. I ain't getting my fingers in there!

If you run the adjusting studs all the way down into the head first, you can
usually pop them out fairly easily. Then you only have to grab the collets
when the spring is compressed.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA