Re: Carbs Problem

To: gsglasgow@comcast.net, Mark.R.Miller@pearson.com,
Subject: Re: Carbs Problem
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 23:45:50 EST
I agree, the points rubbing block wears till the points barely open causing
lots of grief.

Running a bit lean will cause a stumble at cruise but the choke should have
cured it.

Generally speaking the carbs are the last thing to check. Not because they
are more reliable but because everything else needs to be right before the
carbs  can be set up properly.

Check and set the timing and dwell. Check and set the valves. Check and set
the carbs.

keith

In a message dated 11/15/2006 8:23:23 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,