Parting out a car...Revisited!!

To: "datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Parting out a car...Revisited!!
From: Tim Putland <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 15:07:36 -0800
OK, I am still learning....

This is what I get for looking at the title only. I wondered when I looked at
the quarter panels...Now that I have looked beyond the surface..

This car is actaully a '68. I can still use the windscreen and the usable sheet
metal, but now realize I can sell more of it that I had originally planned. Any
one need any knobs ( or retaining screws) from a '68?

Unless I am mistaken, the steering box is a recirculating type. I am looking at
a "very small u-joint where it joins the steering shaft" to quote Scott's book.

The block number is 64757. Where can I find the VIN stamp on the frame of a
Roadster?

--
Tim
Belleville, WI.