Re: TV Cars was alpine or Tiger

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TV Cars was alpine or Tiger
From: "Bill Oakes" <boakes@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 06:26:17 -0500
Gotta love Google:

http://www.tvacres.com/autos_spy_smart.htm

Get Smart Car - Red Sunbeam Tiger convertible sports car issued to
Control agent Maxwell Smart (Don Adams) on the spy comedy GET
SMART/NBC/1965-70. The CFB600 model (License Plate No. D6-893)
contained a cigarette lighter (that doubled as a grenade); ejector
seat (activated by remote control or switch on dashboard); exhaust
pipe machine gun, tail pipe oil slick device, two 100-velocity,
50-caliber machine guns concealed in hood, radar scan, radar tracking
device to track Control agent cars. (activated by pulling light switch
and turning it left); radiator cap filled with poisonous gas; trunk
(opened by dialing the plate numbers to CA44N); and smoke screen
device. The car cost $32,000. During the second season Maxwell Smart
got a blue Karman Ghia convertible. During the fifth season, Max drove
a gold 1969 Opel GT sports car. On a few occasions, Max drove a white
Mustang convertible. TRIVIA NOTE: In episode No. 114. "Ironhand"
(aired 3rd October 1969) while trying to prevent KAOS henchman
Ironhand (Paul Richards) from getting "The
Anti-Anti-Anti-Missile-Missile" plans, Maxwell Smart accidentally
fires a mortar shell and completely destroys his gold Opel. But
miracles upon miracles, in the scene shortly after that, Max pulls up
to the Washington airport in the same car with no damage what so ever
to the car