Re: he's got the jack!

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: he's got the jack!
From: "Nathan Ruffcorn" <Nathan.Ruffcorn@netcare-il.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 19:36:19 -0500
Brian-
It was great to here the Mazda GLC reference.  You never see them anymore,
albeit they were kind of a disposable car, but still a "Great Little Car".
In regards to your scissor jack, they are fine for roadside repairs but I
would definitely use a floor or bottle jack for routine maintenance and
repairs.  The scissor jack just has way to many weak points.  With these
jacks you are placing all your trust in a couple rivets, a short length of
hardened all-thread, and stamped 14 gauge steel.  Auto manufacturers use
them because they are inexpensive and light weight.  I have witnessed one
scissor jack fail when I was a kid (76 datsun pickup truck) when the threads
stripped.  You couldn't pay me to lay under a vehicle with a scissor jack.
Again they are great for what they were designed for-changing spare tires.

Nruff