Ignition Switch Tumbler Question

To: "Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ignition Switch Tumbler Question
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 20:29:41 -0700
I am back to having problems with my ignition key not turning the ignition
switch of my 69 roadster because of wear in the tumbler assembly.    I would
like to either remove the offending tumbler, or tumblers, or maybe even
consider using a metal filler to repair the tumbler assembly and use all of
the tumblers if the metal fillers are good enough that they won't wear away
quickly.

I have removed the front cover and spring, and the tumbler has been rotated,
but it won't slide out.  Is there a trick to getting the tumbler assembly
out of the ignition switch assembly?  Does it have to be in a certain
position because of the steering wheel lock?

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland
http://www.datsun2000.com