Re: BRE windshield replacement, local fab option

To: Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BRE windshield replacement, local fab option
From: RoadsterGB@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 17:04:54 EDT
Thanks indeed for all the replies - some useful info and interesting  to hear
about modern day processes compared with the way Pete Brock  designed these
windshields and made the tooling (using shaped aluminium  over a plywood buck
covered with a soft cloth for the forming process)

Roadster racer Randy Carter mentions a Triumph Spitfire screen  that may be a
reasonable alternative (see
http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com/windscreen.JPG) and Les thinks he  may have
a source of windshields that may be modified
to fit. One of these  may have to do, but I've decided that it's worth
researching the costs of  getting something produced that is 'made for the
job', and
someone on the list  has offered to help with this.

Rob
www.fairlady.org
1969 Datsun 2000 (nice)
1968 Datsun 1600 (not as nice)
1966 Datsun 1600 (not very nice at all)
1968 Datsun 2000 BRE replica (early stages - why did I start this  project?)
1972 BMW 3.0 CSL Batmobile