No joy

To: Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: No joy
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.net" <gregs672liter@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 06:17:28 GMT
Ever get the feeling that something or someone is trying to tell you
something?  My Roadster has been a friend for over 20 years, and maybe, just
maybe, it is trying to tell me that Shasta is a bad idea for me this year.
Who knows, maybe there is a semi-truck somewhere in Oregon with my name on it,
waiting for me to be in just the right place at the wrong time.  I'm taking
the hint!
I did the "sniffer" test today to see if the head gasket was bad... nope.  I
drove the Datsun back to the parts store to return the tester... still ran
hot.  Then, on the way home I decided to blast her on down the road... Nailed
it at the light and despite the miss she screams for more... grabbed second
gear at 7000 rpms and blah.... nothing.  She no go now.  Half an hour later I
am getting a tow from my brother in law, after being spit on (yes, spit on) by
some wonderful passersby in an SUV (if that kid had stopped the truck like I
strongly suggested his little punk ass would be in the morgue and I would be
on the news, believe you me).  The points had suddenly decided to open way up,
but I did not know this as it has been 15 years since I messed with points
(And strangely, when I got home none of the screws were loose... what are you
trying to tell me honey?).  Once figured out she fired right back up, but
clearly the time for Shasta repairs has come and gone.  And so it is that
today, I will not be going to Shasta this year, perhaps so that I may continue
to go in the future.  That is how I am choosing to view it anyway.  I hope all
of you who go have a fun and safe trip.  I will be there next year, with my
friend Tom in tow for his first ever Roadster meet.  You're gonna like his
car.  A very tight budget for this car, but damn it is turning out nice!
Anyway, I will keep you all posted as I figure this thing out (whether you
care or not!).  Thanks again to all those who have read, thought and
suggested.  This list is great!
Greg Burrows
67 2000 #588 (and no, she is not for sale, ever, no matter what she does to
me)