Re: Mini Iron Bottom Fun Run

To: Stephen Wan <Steve@olsonarchitect.com>,
Subject: Re: Mini Iron Bottom Fun Run
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@tlabgalaxy.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 20:18:20 -0500
> Steve

> I tested out a suction camera mount on the door which worked rather well with
> minimal camera shake unlike the in-car pole-semi-secured to roll bar. In that
> situation my digital camera with the lower framerate took better videos and
> eliminated most of the shaking.

A couple of things you can do to improve in-car video is to turn off image
stabilization and keep the lens zoomed out as far as you can, full wide is
best. Image stabilization systems are designed for hand held situations, not
for the relatively high frequency vibration encountered when you mount a
camera in a car.

Also, if you use a suction mount on the exterior it's a good idea to use a
short safety strap in case it comes loose. Don't ask me how I know. :>)

FWIW,
Ron