Veggie Powered Turbo Diesel Datsun Roadster

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Veggie Powered Turbo Diesel Datsun Roadster
From: Erik Miller <funkaholik@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 22:42:55 -0700 (PDT)
WOW!!!  Thanks everyone for the many, many positive responses regarding my
radical vegetable oil powered diesel Datsun project, and on my veggie VW Jetta.
 Just had the Jetta in an earthday show at SF City College today, and was happy
to see how many people loved the car.  It sure gets their attention when you
tell them you're driving for free. One engineering student even pulled out his
scientific calculator, determined to discover how long it will take driving on
free veggie oil to make up the $1800 cost of the conversion kit (his answer:
1.6 years).  Hopefully next year's show will feature the veggie Roadster.  Work
and school are killing me right now, but I'll get time this summer to work on
the Datsun and will keep you posted on the progress.

Since so many of you asked about it, here is a link to the kit for mating a FWD
VW 4 cylinder engine (gas or diesel) to a RWD trans (Suzuki or Toyota):
http://www.acmeadapters.com/store_engine.php  Lots of possibilities here for
the gasoline crowd too - the 1.8 turbo VW engine is a beast, and makes 250 to
300 hp with aftermarket tuning and parts.  Thanks again for all the
encouragement!

PS: I'm also interested in any responses to the request for a good body shop in
the SF Bay Area.

Erik Miller
1970 SPL311-29945
http://www.datsunroadsters.com/dats34.html

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messengers low  PC-to-Phone call rates.