Mathew's Ebay Purchase of "White" Head Lights

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mathew's Ebay Purchase of "White" Head Lights
From: "angelot" <angelot@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:51:51 -0400
Hi Mathew,

I bought the "HID" type European Style (Flat Lens) headlights for my 69
Roadster.
One of the bulbs burned out after an hour of use so I figured hey, its
guaranteed for life so I emailed for a replacement.  Unfortunately
they never responded.  I read the literature and it turns out the warranty
requires a 15 dollar shipping and handling cost.  Searched the internet for
the same bulb (It's a European product)  I found the following site where I
was able to get TWO identical bulbs for less than the so called "warranty"
replacement cost.  I ordered two bulbs at this place

Response Import Auto Fashion
2148 Lomita Blvd.
Lomita, CA 90717
Phone: 310.534.4910
Fax: 310.534.4930
Email: email@shopresponse.com

Replaced the bulb and all seemed fine.  Was riding through the countryside
one afternoon and it was getting dark  from rain clouds so I turned on
the lights just to be safely visible to others.  Was cruising along  about
ten minutes and my wife and I smelled electrical burning.  Got under the
hood and saw nothing wrong and thought
maybe we passed something along the roadside that was burning.  Got home it
was still daylight.  Thought nothing of it

Couple of days later it was getting dusk and I turned on my lights and
noticed that my lights did not reflect off  the vehicle in front of me. Got
out and looked and saw
that they hadn't come on at all. Got home and reinserted the wiring. Looked
in the glove box and voila ,  the headlight fuse was blown and the fuse box
had actually
melted at the hot connection to that fuse.  THAT was the source of the smell
we could not trace the other day.  Replaced the fuse box unit (had a spare)
and kept the car out
of the dark until I found this great heavy duty headlight wiring harness for
under 30 bucks just for the High Wattage lights (80/100 of this type.
Installed the harness and now the lights work
wonderfully.

 By the way, if you bought the so called "Zarcon Gas" lights, as I did, they
are white light versus the blue.  But...I cannot found any scientific
evidence on the internet or anywhere
that there is a gas called "Zarcon".  If you find it let me know!!!!!

The harness that you want to install is 29.95 from this site

 http://www.autodirectsave.com/Wiring_Harness.asp

Good luck and let us know how it works out for you

Angelo Teti