Re: Leaf Spring re-arch questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Leaf Spring re-arch questions
From: Dewey Hahlbohm <hahlbohmd@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 11:56:46 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Anyone have experience re-arching leaf springs for the high windshield
roadster.  I took mine in to spring shop yesterday, the tech talked about
measuring floor to top of wheel well height on level ground, then raising the
frame with a bottle jack until that height was as I want it, and tell him that
measurement.  Sounds OK, but not sure how much arch or height is needed to get
the roadster back to approximate original form.  Leafs are flat now with the
car sitting level.  He will also add another leaf, which improves stability,
strengthens the springs and reduces roll with turning.  I have original springs
and shocks and will be putting KYB gas adjusts on during this process.  Any
thoughts or comments appreciated, Thanks, Dewey in Montana