ignition woes

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: ignition woes
From: tlkjr@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 16:55:30 +0000
After getting the newly acquired 68 yellow 2000 to start up last Saturday
things got scary when I looked up later and saw smoke coming from the
distributer and ignition wiring around the coil. The distributer was actually
on fire before I put it out with a rag. The wires were melted to the coil and
distributer. Fortunately I have some spare parts and plan on re-wiring the
ignition. I have a wiring digram though it looks somewhat different than the
actual wiring does. The black/white (red) wire to the coil is completely melted
along with the wire to the distributer. The black/white wire to the ballast
seems intact. I attempted to re-wire myself though so far no luck. Can someone
give me a breakdown on the ignition wiring so I can bypass the burnt wires.
Again I do have a wiring digram though some things such as the capacitor on the
coil are not shown. Also it shows the wire from the neg pole of the coil going
to distributer which was not like the wiring on the car. Pictures would be
helpful of the wiring from the coil to the distributer.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Thomas