Floor Jack Spring

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Floor Jack Spring
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 17:38:29 -0600
The spring that holds the handle in the raised position on my large (1.5
ton, I think) floor jack has broken so the handle flops down. Not a huge
deal, unless you happen to be under it. The spring looks very much like the
spring used on a wooden close pin, correspondingly larger of course.

Anyone (Marc?) have any idea where I might get a replacement? I'll see if I
can't get some manufacturing info off of the jack itself, but I think I paid
about $80 for it in Hawaii in the early '70s, so I'll be more surprised than
not if I can get any info or if parts are available.

It's a heavy sucker. I'd like to get one of the lightweight aluminum units,
but the least expensive decent/really light ones, well under 20 lbs (IIRC),
is the $200 unit at Northern Tools.

TIA,
Ron