RE: Starter?

To: "Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net"
Subject: RE: Starter?
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 01:00:55 -0800
John,

It sounds like you either have a contact in your starter switch that went
away, or the starter solenoid has either become disconnected from the 1/4"
spade connector, or died.

You can remove the left front wheel to look at the starter and to see
whether or not the wire is connected properly.  If it is connected the next
step is to put a voltmeter or 12 volt test lamp on the starter solenoid
connector and have someone turn the ignition switch to the start position.
If there is no voltage at the connector there is a problem in the switch, or
between the switch and the end of the wire.  If there is voltage at the
connector the problem is probably in the starter solenoid.

Tom

69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland
http://www.datsun2000.com