RE: CA info: Registration restrictions (was: Good news for

To: eric.isaacson@jbtool.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: CA info: Registration restrictions (was: Good news for
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex675@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 14:37:58 -0700
In Cali we do have PNO- Planned Non Operation. You pay a small fee- I think
it is 15.00 and basically is in effect until you decide to activate the
vehicle. I do not think they can require you to insure a car in this
situation.

There are rules. The car cannot be on any public street. If it can get a
parking ticket, it has to be registered. You can tow the car from one
location to the other, but it can't be moved under its own power. There are
other things but those are the basics.

When you are ready, you then go to the DMV and you only have to pay for the
registration cost of that year. I think it is better than letting the car
fall out of the system as in Cali you then have to trailer the car to the
DMV for inspection or have a law enforcement office sign the inspection
form.  I was lucky as I know a cop who used to drive a radical 510.

As for trying to legislate our cars off of the road, I don't see that
happening anytime soon. California has a huge aftermarket economy for
classic cars and our representatives in Sacramento hear from us loud and
clear that we do not want to lose our vehicles.

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000
SRL311-00489