Fun Run/Diaster/Joy pics!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Fun Run/Diaster/Joy pics!
From: "alvin gogineni" <alvingogi@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 01:20:27 +0000
http://community.webshots.com/user/alving015
http://rabbit.circa.ufl.edu/gallery/alvin

What I thought would be a nice stroll through the Santa Cruz hills tunred
out to be an adventure!!! I met up with my sport bike co-workers at the
35/92 junction at 11:30 as planned.  I was going to drive ahead and stop at
a turn to take some action shots of them passing by.  Just when you thought
it was safe to mount a camera to your roll-bar(Check out the pics)...I used
a tripod and some zip-ties and it worked! Got some excellent footage.
After Gary, Trung, Hope and Willis passed me I got back in the roadster to
meet them at Alice's Restaurant...I was driving probably 7/10ths on a turn
when I see Gary on the side of the road flailing is arms...I knew something
was wrong and I pulled over. Willis had crashed and burned.
It's all there on film...He was okay. The bike lost it's shifter, a mirror
and had various scratches. Willis had a sore thumb and his jacket, helmet
and cell phone took a beating.
Once we got the bike up and walked it to a safer place we headed to to
Alice's for a phone. Alice's is a biker meeting place full of freaks.
We pulled in there was a Sunbeam Tiger there! I took some pics and talked
with the owner, he's had it for over 20years. Traction bars, v8, limited
slip, good stuff. He said something that was profound...how the mix of old
and new was beautiful, got it on tape!  All of these leather clad biker
dudes flocked over to see the roadster...I wish they were chicks instead of
dudes! Then this red Curtis 500 showed up...insane!!!
As my co-worker Hope rode off a cop pulled her over...I'll find out why
tomorrow. Check out the pics.

Willis decided to call a towing company but we could not get cell phone
reception so we headed back to the 35/92 junction. I've never seen a road
with so many cars, bikes, bicylces and cops in my life! Good weather does
that. When we confirmed the tow-truck we headed back to his bike and waited.
All kinds of sports cars passed us by...beautiful weather.  I notice a car
coming towards us...it's a roadster alright! It's was Dan Zubkoff!!! Holy
Cow!!! No Way!!!! Perfect timing. Dan made my day. Took some impromptu pics
of our roadsters. Willis got his bike towed and I motored back home.
When I pulled into our driveway I noticed my neighbors's grandson had a new
toy..a Superformance Cobra...so I snapped some pics.
We talked about my ghetto camera mount for awhile and then he peeled out and
went home...what a roadster day!

http://community.webshots.com/user/alving015
Video clips here:
http://rabbit.circa.ufl.edu/gallery/alvin