RE: Oil choices for hi mi SRL's

To: "'Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net'"
Subject: RE: Oil choices for hi mi SRL's
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 09:46:09 -0700
Back in the '70's, I used Penzoil until I tore down several engines and
found a ton of deposits at various levels of hardening. Kinda scarey when
people you don't know look at your parts and say "Ahhhh, you use Penzoil,
don't you?" I then switched to Quaker State before moving to Castrol.

I try to change the oil & filter every 3k miles, though sometimes it
stretches to 5k. My main reason now for using synthetics is to be save a
dead dinosaur. I was just looking for some technological reasons.

Pete