RE: Ball joints revisited - is there a factory alternative??

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Ball joints revisited - is there a factory alternative??
From: "Brian St. Jacques" <brian@varatouch.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 08:31:22 -0800
If you are still limiting yourself to the stock ball joint and spindle
set up, then making new a-arms really isn't providing all of the
advantages possible. Using a more readily available spindle/ball joint
combination could solve the cost/availability problem with the stock
components, plus open up a lot more braking possibilities. Wouldn't it
be nice to have some bigger calipers and vented rotors that would bolt
right up without machining?

Then what you are looking at is tying the new spindle into the existing
steering. If the tapers for the tie rod ends don't match up or you cant
thread the new tie rod end into the existing tie rod, I can't imagine a
"custom" tie rod being terribly expensive.

If only I had a whole lot of time and money on my hands with nothing
better to do with it...;)

Brian