Re: Mini-lite wheel adapter Question

To: ed.sawyer@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Mini-lite wheel adapter Question
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 14:17:37 -0800
You can buy adapters but their thickness must be taken into
consideration when factoring offset.  They'll usually be an inch thick
(~ +25mm), and the best offset for a Roadster is around +15mm, so if the
wheel is +40mm then you're in business.  That's really a FWD offset
though, and there are plenty of off-the-shelf wheels with about the
same, so then you should decide if you prefer the minilites or any of
the new wheels that will fit.  Or you can buy a set of new Panasports,
or I think Koenig Rewinds now come in a +9 offset which might work, or
find a set of older wheels that you like...

I think the reference to 7/16th x .75 lugs is for the lugnuts to fit our
studs and doesn't refer directly to the offset or bolt pattern.  If you
use adapters, you can get different sized studs in a more common thread.