Re: diassembly

To: oliver <sumton@sbcglobal.net>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: diassembly
From: Dan Zubkoff <zubkoff@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 16:19:53 -0800 (PST)
Oliver,

Can you help provide a bit more info on what you are
trying to accomplish by removing the engine / body?

Most folks (though not everyone) who remove the body
from a roadster are doing so to perform a frame-off
restoration. What you find is if you are going to
spend  a significant amount of time & money to remove
a body from the frame, many folks also rebuilt the
drivetrain at the same time.

So, if you are asking is it a good idea to go through
the r16 engine (while taking the body off the frame),
I'd say yes. Your engine builder will tell you the
condition of the engine, and what else is needed.

What are your plans for the car? Also, send a link
with any photos.

Good Luck,

Dan Zubkoff
San Mateo, CA