Brake Master Cylinder - Identification

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Master Cylinder - Identification
From: roadster68 <roadster68@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:02:59 -0700
Hello List,   I have what I think is an NOS or possibly a recently
manufactured brake master cylinder for my 68 roadster.  I have sent a
description to the vendors and am waiting for a definitive answer as to what
exactly I have.  I purchased the master cylinder from a fellow roadster list
member two years ago.  He got it from a guy who never rebuilt his roadster
but had a ton of new parts to do the job.  The brake master cylinder is a
Tokiko.  The description and markings are as follows:  If you were sitting
in the driver's seat, then the bleeder screws are on your left.  Just in
front of them is a small bolt head approximately 3/8" in size.  The two big
nuts on the bottom are labeled "R" and "F".  Just behind them and also on
the bottom is another small bolt head.  I have not checked out the thread
size of the two big nuts on the bottom yet.  On the back end is stamped the
alpha numeric "U1".  The exterior rubber covers on the bleeders and on the
main push rod are very pliable and look like they are brand new.
 Can someone please let me know what I have.  I need to know if it is new.
Otherwise If it is NOS, then can I still get a kit.  I just took two photos
today if this would help anyone.  Thanks!   Larry.