And Another Cop Story

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: And Another Cop Story
From: Robert.Long@acs-inc.com
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:43:59 -0700
Not a Roadster story, but when I was 18 and fresh out of high-school, which
is many moons ago, I had a very obnoxious Crimson Red '69 383 Roadrunner,
with all of the "name" add-ons.  So, 3 friends and I decided we were going
to work our way up to Eugene, OR from Albuquerque, NM.  Knowing that my car
stuck out like a sore thumb, I was doing 25 mph in a 30, thru Seligman, AZ.
And we get pulled over anyways, WTF?  The stereo was blaring, and apparently
they told us to get out of the car, face forward and DON'T turn around,
which we heard none of.  I think I was wearing a pair of cut-offs, no shirt,
and no shoes.  Sure enough I get out and look towards the cops, and they
yell at me to turn around, put my hands on my head, and start walking.  I
wasn't sure if I should stop walking or not, my knees were shaking like
crazy.  Finally a cop comes up to me, pulls my hands & hair back, and pulls
my wallet out of my back pocket.  Turns out that there had been a bank
robbery in NM somewhere, the get-away car was a red Plymouth, and the
blondie (me), was a cop killer.  Well, they searched the car looking for
guns, didn't find any, and sent us on our way.

Should be the end of the story right, no.  Remember I was pretty young at
the time, hopefully I'm smarter now???  About an hour later, we get pulled
over for speeding, how stupid is that?  I tell the cop our previous story,
and he says:  "Oh, I heard about you guys on the radio" .  Guess he felt
bad, and just gave us a warning.

Robert - 67.5 1600 - Abq

www.ziaroc.com <http://www.ziaroc.com/>