Re: datsun seats

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: datsun seats
From: Trevor Skarda <tskarda@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:07:56 -0800 (PST)
My suggestion is that you fix what you have; I have never really understood the
miata seat/volvo brakes/ gm alternator/ chevy small block-conversion crowd.

The beauty of the roadster is that it is a roadster.  The brakes are fine.  The
alternator is fine.  The engine, properly maintained, is fine.  The seats are
fine.

I am deeply offended when some jackass sees my dead stock, numbers matching
67.5 (save for the rims springs and green paint (p.o.,  Spanish Red next
Spring) and tells me it looks like a mg or a miata or some p.o.s. like that.
Its a Roadster.

You can get all of the necessary parts from vendors on the list (despite some
bad blood between some of the vendors, I have had solid, positive experiences
with all ).  All of these vendors are committed, for whatever reason, to
keeping these things on the road and I think we should support them by buying
their parts whenever practicable.  I cant imagine any of these men and women
are making a killing off of Roadster enthusiasts.

Regarding the seats, even if you don't live close enough to Mexico to have
good, cheap, upholstery work done, you can probably find a good deal in your
community if you spend the time you would have spent combing through u-pull-it
yards (avoiding needles and other hazards -- I got stuck with a hypodermic
needle removing a steering wheel from a 280z at a u pull it yard in Sacramento)
by visiting local shops.  Make sure the upholstery shop understands the
importance of the straps underneath; if they don't, talk to the next shop.

Merry Christmas,

roadsterfarian