Little wiring help please?

To: <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Little wiring help please?
From: "Greg Hare" <ghare@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 14:16:40 -0500
69 2000, Im losing spark when I release the key from start to run. I
have checked the ignition switch and I get the lights I expect on my test
light. Im having a hard time with the wiring diagrams at the other end (at
the coil). The wiring diagram off of 311s.org shows b/w to each end of the
resistor, one which goes to the coil, and white coming off the coil to the
starter  or at least thats what it looks like to me. This doesnt look
like what I have :-(

I currently have: a b/w wire to the resistor, a black wire to the other end
of the resistor, and a b/y (could be b/w) with a yellow wrap at the coil,
all of which go back into the wiring harness and appear stock, and a red
wire (doesnt look stock) to the distributor.

The b/w wire without the wrap is hot when the ignition is on. No other
wires are hot, except of course the one plugged into the other end of the
resistor, but that wire does not test hot unless plugged into the resistor.

Could the black wire and the b/y with y wrap be reversed? Neither wire is
hot when the ignition switch is on. There were 2 other ballast resistors in
the engine compartment when I got it and I knew there was a spark issue, but
I just dont seem to be able to figure it out.

Any ideas? Thanks!

---