Pics/Video from the 25hrs of Enduro at Thunderhill

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Pics/Video from the 25hrs of Enduro at Thunderhill
From: "alvin gogineni" <alvingogi@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 05:09:34 +0000
Hey all,
I took a day-off from work on Friday, Dec. 3 and drove the roadster up to
Thunderhill to catch the qualifying round of the 25hrs of Thunderhill Enduro
race.
I took a few pics of my roadster near Thunderhill for roadster content's
sake :)
So far I have put 6,000+ plus miles on the SR(my speedo w/odometer was
installed right after the Mt. Shasta meet) since July and not a single
problem, except the thirst for more power!

I was amazed at how much coordination, personnel and $$$ goes into this
race. It's a 25 hr day/night race with several different car classes. Among
the highlights of my day:
-Another Datsun was in the race! A 240Z from Seattle, NASCAR style-fuel
filler and everything!
-I also saw the BADDEST Mini(new), completely race-prepped and even had a
F1-style rear pushrod suspension setup.
-I was with the Honda Team(Acura) most of the day, and they were racing 2
Acura TLs and a Integra. I got a first hand look at the whole team effort.
>From taking lap times down to communicating to drivers while on the track
and much more!  It was really cool to see how the teams would make
adjustments to the cars after each test session. You should the see the rig
they have...a tire balancer, tire mounter, even a mill inside this trailer!
Qualifying started at 5:15pm, it was already dark by then. All of the cars
had huge auxillary lighting, it was quite the spectacle.
Enjoy the pics and video clips

http://community.webshots.com/user/alving011
http://rabbit.circa.ufl.edu/gallery/alvin

Alvin Gogineni