Re: Fw: Identify Hub Cap & CLutch MAster Cyl

To: "Richard G. Garretson" <garretson2@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: Identify Hub Cap & CLutch MAster Cyl
From: "David R. Conrad" <konadave1@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 12:57:49 -1000
Richard:

I have a clutch MC exactly like that, and I posed the same question to the list
a little more than a year ago.  See attached photo.

No one could identify it for me at the time, but it had an adjustable push rod
which I substituted into the stock MC to allow me to compensate for wear (slop)
in the clutch linkage.

Worked great for me!

Dave

"Richard G. Garretson" wrote:

> Hey guys & gals ,
>
> Thanking  everyone for helping out with this, this time we have the pix
> posted to a URL, courtesy of one on the members on the list, Mark from
> Maryland
>
> Thanks again Mark.
>
> Okay now to the puzzle,
>
>  Can anyone identify the parts I have linked to the  attached URL's?
>
>   Both of these parts were purchased on E-bay advertised as Roadster parts,
> they
>  are in great shape.    The hubcap, jpg 278   is in  excellent condition,
> the chrome a 9 & it
>  does  fit the Roadster but the designs a bit different.  Take a look at the
> center  of the cap it is concave vrs convex for the real Roadster hubcap,
> jpg
>  277.   I am thinking this fits a truck or some other Datsun, sure would
> like  to  know.
>
>  The clutch master, jpg 242  is NOS & does fit the "R" but the  hydraulic
> fitting is a bit too close to the firewall for the hyd lines to match up on
>  my 66'.
>
>  http://www.datsunroadsters.com/garretson/img_0277.jpg
>  http://www.datsunroadsters.com/garretson/img_0278.jpg
>  http://www.datsunroadsters.com/garretson/img_0242.jpg
>
>  Thanks for any FYI
>  Regards
>  Rick G
>  66' 1600

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
Clutch MC 1]