Re: SP310 SU float bowl o/flow.

To: <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: SP310 SU float bowl o/flow.
From: "Kim Blough" <Smokyyaro@velocitus.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 08:23:21 -0800
Subject: SP310 SU float bowl o/flow.

> Hi list,
> The o/flow tubes on my '65 SP310 SU's have been trimmed off very close to
> the banjo fitting.
> My Service Manual shows them heading down to the chassis but I don't know
> where they go.
> Does anyone know what length they should be and where they actually vent
to?
> I'm guessing well clear of the exhaust headers!

Hi Graeme,

    These pipes were quite long (20+ inches or so) when they were new.

    Originally the lower ends of each pipe were secured to a small folded
sheetmetal bracket which was attached to the motor mount bracket bolts (into
the block itself).

    If for any reason these lower pipe brackets were not used, the long
style overflow pipes usually wound up breaking off at the banjo fitting due
to engine vibration.

    The original pipes can be heated and removed from the banjo fitting,
afterwhich a length of 1/4 inch brake line can be bent to shape and then
silver soldered back into the banjo.

    Kim Blough
Idaho Z Car
2913 Garrity Blvd.