rat update and carb questions

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: rat update and carb questions
From: Leigh Brooks <shifty@shiftco.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 13:48:53 -0800
I posted an update on the rat project  - the new stuff starts with the
"head" link from this page
http://www.shiftco.com/features/the_rat/index.html

I have a few questions about carbs for a '68 1600:

The rear carb should have the anti-flowback fuel valve? (car has a fuel
return line)

The rear carb should have the vacuum fitting, correct?

I know that the choke lever pulls the metering nozzles down and also
opens up the butterfly valves a bit for starting. Should the butterfly
open enough to expose the vacuum hole? Any way of measuring this so
that I can make both carbs open the same amount?

Thanks everybody!

Leigh Brooks
NWDE
Seattle