Battery, hold-down & tray for 1970 2000

To: Datsun Roadster Forum <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Battery, hold-down & tray for 1970 2000
From: Bill Engelhardt <bengelhardt@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 11:14:36 -0700
I need to get a battery hold-down for my 1970 2000.  I see that Stan
Chernoff has some reproduction trays & hold-downs but I'm not sure if there
are any down-sides to the group 24 battery that it requires (other than that
they appear to be more expensive than "regular" batteries.)  I certainly
like the idea of a battery that takes up less space than the one that I
currently have but I'm afraid that the smaller battery will not work as well
and replacements will be harder to find.

Have any of you used Stan's battery tray & hold-down (or a stock unit?)  If
so, how do you like it, what kind of battery did you install and where did
you buy the battery?

For those of you using something other than stock, what kind of tray and
hold-down do you use, where did you buy it, and what kind of battery do you
use?

Any other battery-related advice that you have would also be welcome.

Thanks in advance for your help.

    Bill Engelhardt
    1970 2000
    Oakland, CA